We are looking for individuals passionate about helping youth from diverse and disadvantaged backgrounds have an equal opportunity to share their voice and vision through media and technology, to join our Board of Directors. This is an important volunteer position that requires a willingness to:
- Learn about our mission, policies, and programs.
- Act as active advocates for MFC and aid in steering its future direction.
- Fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for MFC to advance its mission.
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve MFC’s mission.
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings.
We hold board meetings quarterly. Service on at least one committee is required, which will include additional meetings and responsibilities. The initial term is one year. If you or someone you know is interested in board service, please share this post and/or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will host a creative think tank meeting of all interested stakeholders and potential board and advisory council members in early August 2019 to learn more about the work we do, who we are and share your ideas.